Re: Setting up ad-hoc network?

or you can use wifi-radar or Wicd on gnome desktop for create or connect wireless.

2008/10/1 Semih Gokalp <semihgokalp@gmail.com>
Hi,you can configure your /etc/network/interface file like below:

iface ethX inet static
        address <address>
        netmask <netmask>
        wireless-mod Ad-Hoc
        wireless-essid <essid that you want>
        wireless-keymode restricted
        wireless-key <your key>
auto ethX

or

iface ethX inet dhcp
       wireless-mod Ad-Hoc
       wireless-essid <essid that you want>
       wireless-keymode restricted
       wireless-key <your key>
auto ethX

"X" is your wireless card interface number (such as 0 or 1 or ....)

and restart your interface like below:

/etc/init.d/networking restart