Re: Grub overkill

On Sep 27, 1:30 pm, Mark Neidorff <m...@neidorff.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2008 10:04 am, Dexter Filmore wrote:
>
> > Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2008 04:30:55 schrieb Amit Uttamchandani:

> As root, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and remove the offending lines.  Grub adds
> to existing options, it doesn't remove lines in case you need to roll back to
> a previous configuration.
>
> --

Well I am searching for grub.conf now. It doesn't seem to exist.
Instead I edited /boot/grub/menu.lst.

BTW the accretion description doesn't hold water. I got three entries
for one Slack partition on a brand new install.
Different kernels were specified. The last one was correct.

If I could figure out how to boot a Debian partition from Lilo I would
say goodbye and good riddance to
Grub. But I keep getting kernel panics.

John Culleton