Re: How do I install older software versions?

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:49:49AM +0200, Aniruddha wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 12:58 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > I choose testing because I want a "rolling update" system (just like
> > > Gentoo and Arch). I want to keep all my packages up to date ;)
> >
> > Then update your system with the latest packages.
> > If you still want to keep old packages, look into
> > /var/cache/apt/archives.

> > > Domo arigatoo! This link (your reference book) provides very useful
> > > information ^^.
> >
> > Geen probleem :-)
> >

> Lol, btw ot I've printed your Debian reference manual, but the version I
> have is different then the url you've posted. What the difference? And
> where can I find the pdf?

This is newer version 2 series.
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReference
  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/apa.en.html#copyrighthistory

No pdf yet.  That is why you have single page html.

> Ot, I hope it is possible to setup a local copy of an apt-mirror (as I
> posted in a previous answer). That way I have better version control and
> It removes some strain from the Debian mirrors by letting my 5 pc's
> update locally.

You may be better off using generic web proxy or apt-move etc.