Re: How do I install older software versions?

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 08:25 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> The recent snapshots are behind firewall of the owner :-)
>
> It should be back sometime.  That was anyway one man efforts...
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

> > I also tried Debian snapshot, but this site provided me only with very
> > old versions (stable?) and nothing from the testing branch. Moreover I'm
> > looking for an officially supported way to install older versions.
>
> Due to storage requirements, we drop them reatively quickly.
We is Debian snapshot? Or Debian mirrors?

> My question is why bother to make your system as old testing.  If this
> is to make it compatible with non-free binary program, I suggest you to
> run stable system with some backports.  This way, you have stable but new
> application.

I choose testing because I want a "rolling update" system (just like
Gentoo and Arch). I want to keep all my packages up to date ;)

> See http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html
>
> Osamu

Domo arigatoo! This link (your reference book) provides very useful
information ^^.

Regards,

Aniruddha