Re: USB Mouse

David Baron wrote:

> I have a logitec USB/PS2 optical mouse, the el cheapo.
>

> I had been using it with the ps2 adapter until I booted up and BIOS
> kicked about the keyboard. Taking out that connector enabled me to
> boot. So I plugged the mouse into the USB and it simply worked. Hats off.
>

> Next time I booted up, it did not work. Unplugging and replugging it
> and voile.
>

> Next time I booted up, it did not work and reconnecting also did not
> work. I get the disconnect notification notice identifying the mouse,
> etc. I do not get the connect notice like I did the last time.
>

> So … how do I get this to work reliably?

1. Perhaps the mouse is becoming flakey? After all, it worked for a
while, then suddenly started generating errors about the keyboard via
the PS/2 connector, and it is an "el cheapo" mouse.

2. You have gpm installed, but have it configured for a PS/2 mouse.

3. Your xorg.conf file is expecting a PS/2 mouse, but sometimes can
over-ride that expectation depending on the weather and the alignment of
the planets.

4. Your mobo is becoming flakey?

5.  Your USB subsystem / devsys is not initializing properly.

I think I'd start by suspecting the mouse of getting flakey.

--
Kent West                           <")))><