Re: Swapping the KVM with a print running.

On 09/26/08 13:38, Dotan Cohen wrote:
2008/9/26 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
Or connect your printer directly to the network.  Little purpose-
built print servers don't cost much at all.

Locally, they cannot be had for under USD$100:
http://zap.co.il/search.aspx?keyword=print%20server

IOGEAR GPSU21
NETGEAR PS121

Amazon has these for well under $100. Shipping to .il is beyond my knowledge, though.

On ebay the only people willing to ship outside the US are the ones
selling for $$$ and they want $$$ for shipping as well:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=usb print server

Froogle was not much help either:
http://www.google.com/products?q=usb+print+server&btnG=Search+Products

It would actually save me about $20 to buy a wireless router and
connect that way! Otherwise I do like the idea.

If anyone has one lying around I'd gladly pay $20-$30 for someone to
ship me one. I think that under 2.2 kg packages can be sent from the
US to Israel for $13 (I don't remember where that figure comes from).

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson