Re: Swapping the KVM with a print running.

On 09/26/08 11:37, Michael Mohn wrote:

Am 26.09.2008 um 17:59 schrieb Dotan Cohen:

I have two machines on a KVM (keyboard / video / mouse switcher),
which switched USB as well. If I start a print from one machine, when
is it safe to move the KVM to the other without interfering with the
print job? Must I wait until the print just start, until it finishes,
or can I already move the switch a few seconds after hitting print?

I use KDE 3.x and it uses CUPS internally, connecting to an HP printer. Thanks.

connect your printer directly to one host and do the printing from the other host over network.

Or connect your printer directly to the network.  Little purpose-
built print servers don't cost much at all.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson