Re: how to sniff marked packets by iptables

Yes, ethereal doesn't work too.

well, I think this is true, but must be something to sniff this "marks"

thanks,

Lucas.

2008/9/25 Brian Schrock <schrock.brian@gmail.com>
I was never under the impression that marking packets does anything to the packet itself. It only makes modifications to the struct that represents the packet in the kernel. Tcpdump only looks at the packet, therefore mark'ing a packet does nothing to the packet that the network would ever see. Internal only.