RE: unable to play some flash videos

> From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Kamaraju S
Kusumanchi
> Subject: unable to play some flash videos
>
> I am unable to play flash videos on
> http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/episodes/ in iceweasel. The website
> says "requires Adobe flash player 9 or greater". However, I can play
> videos
> on youtube. The problem seems specific to only some websites.
>
> Is there any one who can play videos at
> http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/episodes/ ?
>
> I am using Debian Etch.
> $dpkg -l \*flash\* | grep ^ii
> ii  flashplayer-mozilla 9.0.124.0-0.0  Macromedia Flash Player
> ii  libflash-mozplugin  0.4.13-8       GPL Flash (SWF) Library -
> Mozilla-compatible
> ii  libflash-swfplayer  0.4.13-8       GPL Flash (SWF) Library -
stand-
> alone
> player
> ii  libflash0c2         0.4.13-8       GPL Flash (SWF) Library -
shared
> library
>
> $dpkg -l \*iceweasel\* | grep ^ii
> ii  iceweasel               2.0.0.16-0etch1 lightweight web browser
based
> on
> Mozilla
>

> Any ideas/suggestions (other than asking me to switch to windows :-))
> get
> around this?
>
> thanks
> raju
> --
> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/
> http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Same error message from that site. I am running Debian Lenny (fully
updated) with the actual flash plugin from Adobe's site installed
through iceweasle. Heh, it's kinda funny that they don't seem to notice
their own plugin...

Frankly, I have not had much luck with tv websites that stream their
online content. Everything pretty much sucks. From Mythbusters episodes
on Discovery's website to that Hulu website. I can't seem to get them to
work right.

As for suggestions...What about building a MythTV box to capture the
episodes as they air? That is what I do. And should the recording fail
for some reason (#*&!%^ Charter!) there is a famous bay for torrents
that does a really good job. ;-)

Have fun!