Re: grub-pc problem

Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>

wrote on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:45:00 AM

>Booting my computer I get the following error (nicely presented with
>the grub background.)
>
> syntax error
> Incorrect Command
> (Line 45-45)
[snip]
>My /boot/grub/grub.cfg is attached. (Though the actual
>error doesn't specify which file the error is in)

Look at /boot/grub/menu.lst

This is the file containing the menu, and is loaded by grub during boot.
Your grub.cfg file is only used when menu.lst is rewritten after installing
a new kernel. I don't know grub.cfg format, but it has unbalanced braces.
There is an extra '}' character on line 82.

Regards