Re: Kernel installation BORKED!

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 09:37:50AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

>> That's bug #499270.  My advice to you: don't run sid if you cannot
>> figure out such things on your own.
>>

> That's rather severe. OP asked and you provided info and showed me
> something I did not know in the process.
>
> I would say: don't run Sid if you can't find your way out of problems
> somehow.

OK, let's get it clear.  Sven didn't provide the info, I did.  And I did NOT
find this info for my "Bag O' Tricks"(tm) by being an expert Sid runner.  I
found it by asking a simple question on a mailing list.  A few years back.

It's how I learned to run Sid.  dpkg is unique to Debian based systems, and
I needed to learn a few things about the "Debian way" of doing things, and
how to hack around them.  I'm MORE than happy to help others out when I can.
Others have been there for me when I've needed help to get things going.

Regards,
Rook

--
This kernel runs like a dessicated slug if you have more than 2G of memory
due to a 32-bit overflow.