Re: Kernel installation BORKED!

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2008-09-18 00:52 +0200, imcrystalguard@netscape.net wrote:

run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/update-initramfs

From the existence of this file I conclude that you have initramfs-tools
0.92k installed, which is known to be broken.

Cannot delete /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26, doesn't exist.

That's bug #499270.  My advice to you: don't run sid if you cannot
figure out such things on your own.

That's rather severe. OP asked and you provided info and showed me something I did not know in the process.

I would say: don't run Sid if you can't find your way out of problems somehow.

Hugo