Re: xserver, video playback, direct rendering etc.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:13:52 +0100
Nicholas Syrotiuk <syrotiuk@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Output of dmesg | grep drm:
> [nothing]
> Is that bad?

Maybe not for the closed source (ati's) driver, but for the open source
driver if the drm kernel module is not loaded then DRI can't be done
which means your getting unaccelerated video.  I'm not familiar with
ati's driver so I don't know if it is the same.  If it is do

modprobe radeon
and then show the output of dmesg | tail

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore