Re: xserver, video playback, direct rendering etc.

Felipe,
Output of fglrxinfo:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
OpenGL version string: 2.1.7873 Release
----------------

Daniel,
Hmmm... that may be the problem...

Output of dpkg -l '*libmesa*':
un  xlibmesa-dri            <none> available)
ii  xlibmesa-gl             1:7.3+15
ii  xlibmesa-glu            1:7.3+15
un  xlibmesa3               <none>
------------------

Sorry, no, xlibmesa-dri has been replaced by libgl1-mesa-dri which is
installed (the latest version).

Output of dmesg | grep drm:
[nothing]
Is that bad?

Output of cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep dri:
	X.Org XInput driver : 2.0
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
(II) AMD Video driver is running on a device belonging to a group
targeted for this release
(II) AMD Video driver is signed
(**) fglrx(0): Option "dri" "true"
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
(==) fglrx(0): OpenGL ClientDriverName: "fglrx_dri.so"
(II) fglrx(0): driver needs X.org 7.1.x.y with x.y >= 0.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
(II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module version matches driver.
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
...<snip>
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x72
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so
Warning: LookupDrawable()/SecurityLookupDrawable() are deprecated.
Please convert your driver/module to use dixLookupDrawable().

Thanks for the questions guys!
Regards,
Nick

Felipe Gallois wrote: