Re: xserver, video playback, direct rendering etc.

Thanks for the suggestions, Kelly.

First I stuck with the fglrx driver and added the two options to the "Device" section of xorg.conf. Unfortunately this didn't seem to make any difference to the video playback; i.e., it's still stuttering.

Then I tried both the RadeonHD and the Radeon drivers. The xserver starts in each case (as expected) but direct rendering is disabled. Is there anything I can do to enable direct rendering with either of these drivers?

Cheers,
Nick

Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Nicholas Syrotiuk