diction

Hello.  I was reading about the diction tool in the Linux Cookbook.  It
stated that it combined two different commands into one (those being,
diction and suggest). According to the book, the command diction points
out potential errors by enclosing them in square brackets, and also
contains the functionality of the command "suggest", by outputting
suggestions that are preceded by a right arrow.

It gives the following example:

$ diction
Let us ask the question we wish to state.
(stdin):1: Let us [ask the question -> ask]
[we wish to state -> (cliche, avoid)].

However, when I try this, I do not get the suggestions.  I simply get
the following:

mark@debian:~$ diction
Let us ask the question we wish to state.
(stdin):1: Let us [ask the question] [we wish to state].

Is there something else I need to install to get the "suggest"
functionality that the Linux Cookbook refers to?

Mark