diff display

Under windows, diff usually works like windiff - you see
the two versions side by side, with the differences
highlighted by color

git-gui, however gives me a diff where I see a single
stream annotated with + and -

I find the single stream display really obscure, ugly,
and confusing.

So if I had a file that used to be
	first
	error
	anoth
	more
	again

And it was changed to

	first
	anoth
	new
	again

Then the linux tools I have now would display the
changes as
	 first
	-error
	 anoth
	-more
	+new
	 again

While the windows tools I am used to would display it as
two streams side by side
	 first	 first
	-error
	 anoth	 anoth
	-more	+new
	 again	 again

but with color highlighting instead of + and -

Can I get file changes recorded in git to display the
way they do in windows?

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald