Re: diff display

I recommend meld package

See you later !

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:52 AM, James A. Donald <jamesd@echeque.com> wrote:
Under windows, diff usually works like windiff - you see
the two versions side by side, with the differences
highlighted by color

git-gui, however gives me a diff where I see a single
stream annotated with + and -

I find the single stream display really obscure, ugly,
and confusing.

So if I had a file that used to be
       first
       error
       anoth
       more
       again

And it was changed to

       first
       anoth
       new
       again

Then the linux tools I have now would display the
changes as
        first
       -error
        anoth
       -more
       +new
        again

While the windows tools I am used to would display it as
two streams side by side
        first   first
       -error
        anoth   anoth
       -more   +new
        again   again

but with color highlighting instead of + and -

Can I get file changes recorded in git to display the
way they do in windows?

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald