Re: Way OT: OpenDNS

> Are there any known problems / gotchas with OpenDNS? I do know that
> they redirect google queries through their own servers and return ads
> in place of unregistered domains, but those 'features' can be turned
> off. Anything else that I should be aware of?

I don't know of any problems with OpenDNS (besides what you mentioned). I use it
with all the features turned off. But I run a caching nameserver on my home
server (tinydns) which the rest of the computers on the LAN use, so lookups only
have to go out to OpenDNS when something isn't already cached.

But a better DNS server will only speed up your initial name resolution, of
course. It won't help with your general network sluggishness.

- Chris