Re: Remote administration of a machine behind NAT

On Tue,09.Sep.08, 13:50:05, François Cerbelle wrote:

[...]

> Now, you have to protect the admin box from an attack initiated from the
> NATted box (mother's). Because this box is unsure. So, you set iptables
> rules on the admin box to filter every byte which comes from the NATted
> box.

Yes, this is my problem

> Then, you can still go on internet with you normal connexion, but you can
> not use it to connect directly to the NATted box, as it is natted and it
> does not have a public IP. But you can connect to it using the VPN because
> you are both on the same private network. And you box is protected from
> malware installed on the NATted box.

What is protecting me from the malware, because I still have to open the
firewall for the VPN? Or do you mean I can firewall the traffic going
through the VPN?

This is interesting, but it adds additional complexity to the setup.
I've set up a reverse ssh tunnel using a (very) restricted key. Hope
it's enough.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)