Re: Remote administration of a machine behind NAT

On Tue,09.Sep.08, 07:51:30, Alex Samad wrote:

> > Or do you have any other ideas?
>
> openvpn + iptables.
>
> Use openvpn with cert's to create a tunnel and then use iptables on your
> end to block any traffic, until you want to use it.

Of course I use iptables on my box and the firewalls integrated in the
ADSL modem and the wireless router. I'm trying to protect myself from
some possible rootkit on my mothers laptop accessing mine while I do
routine administration on hers. Am I too paranoid?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)