Re: suspend/hibernate in gnome-lenny

El Tuesday 09 September 2008 20:34:32 Richard Möhn escribió:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:46:03PM +0200, Moisés Redondo wrote:
> > Hello, I'm trying to make my laptop (Dell Precision M65) suspend and
> > hibernate in gnome.
> >
> > The problem is that I can't make gnome to use s2ram/s2disk commands
> > automatically. I can suspend and hibernate from a terminal but I can't do
> > it through gnome applets or the shutdown button (when it asks you if you
> > want to suspend,hibernate,reboot,cancel or shutdown).
> >
> > I' ve read that tweaking the scripts in /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux could
> > do the trick, but it doesn't work. I've changed
> > hal-system-power-suspend-linux to use a custom script using s2ram but it
> > simply ignores it.
> >
> > The only thing I can get is a nice popup error message.
> >
> > I remember having done this before in other installations of lenny/etch
> > and being able to suspend/hibernate but now it is imposible. Is it that
> > gnome-power-manager doesn't uses hal-scripts anymore?
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > fray diógenes
>
> I think doing this with some manipulations in /etc/sudoers it will
> work, so you can run these commands as normal user.  But since I haven't
> already done something with this file I can't say how you have to do
> this and if it would be the right way.
>
> With the best greetings
>
> Richard

Thank you for your answer, but I've already done that.

In fact, I've made a custom script with s2ram and put it
in /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux,
replacing the original one, but gnome seems to ignore it. I can run the script
from the command line without problems but when I do it through the
button-applet it doesn't work.

Regards

fray diógenes