Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:41:19AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:

Note: quotes trimmed

> could it be an ordering thing, I have a logitech 9000 webcam, if it is
> plugged in at boot up my usb sounds doesn't work and my multicard reader
> doesn't work. I have to unload a few modules and load them in the right
> order.

No, it applies to every USB device I've tested, including several mice,
three external drives, and my RIM BlackBerry Curve.

> what does lsusb show you

Without flags:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 15ca:00c3 Textech International Ltd. Mini Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0c45:62c0 Microdia Pavilion Webcam
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

That's with only a mouse and the built-in webcam.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!