Re: USB devices not detected unless plugged in at boot

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 08:28:10PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,08.Sep.08, 07:52:25, Carl Fink wrote:
> > On my Lenny system, USB devices (mouse, external drive, etc.) are only
> > detected on boot. If plugged in after boot time, or removed and replugged,
> > they are not detected and cannot be used.
>
> How are you checking if they are detected (typically one would watch
> syslog or dmesg)?  If the kernel doesn't recognize them udev can't do
> anything about it.

Syslog.  Note that they are all detected fine if they are plugged in before
the boot process, so clearly the kernel can recognize them.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!