Re: Recommend a mua please

>> - store the settings/address book on a server instead of the local
>> machine (I access my mailboxes from different machines)
>
> That's handled by LDAP.

The address book, yes. What about the settings? The configured
mailboxes, the message filter rules, etc ... It would be best to point
the mua to a single remote config (alpine can store it on an imap
server eg) and I wouldn't bother configuring on each machine I read
mail on.

>> - handles multiple inboxes (I use imaps mainly)
>> - possibility to set the fcc folder for a given address book entry
>
> What's fcc?

File carbon copy. The name of the folder where the emails go. I find
it useful _not_ having a single inbox and sent folder, rather group
mails by person / organization. With alpine, if the address book is
set up properly, all composed messages go to the right place and
messages saved from the inbox (two keystrokes, compared to
Thunderbird's right-click and dropdown navigation), too.

>> - possibility to save the message from the inbox to the desired fcc
>> with as few keystrokes as possible
>> - minimal intelligence when I reply to a mail in my 'sent' folder:
>> don't address it to myself rather to the one I sent the mail
>
> I just tested this with Tbird/Iceweasel on an email From "me", and To
> "someone else".  Tbird correctly sends the mail to "someone else".

Then they've fixed this.

>> - display html mail with pictures, etc
>> - a spam filter integrated with my address book, so emails from known
>> addresses won't be marked accidentally
>>
>> Thunderbird lacks the possibility of remote configs/address books,
>> can't set the fcc in the address book and thus sorting mail is rather
>> frustrating, it wants to send mail to myself when I reply to an
>> already sent message and the last version I used had a bug when
>> deleting attachments.
>>
>> Alpine is quite close, has remote config and address book, fcc setting
>> in the address book, thus easy mail sorting, but I was not yet able to
>> configure multiple inboxes, html mail is limited to text since it uses
>> the console and no spam filtering.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>
> I really think that Tbird would be your best bet, since Tbird *does* do
> LDAP.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that. TB is rather far from what I expect...

Any suggestions on spam filtering?

Cheers, P