Re: Recommend a mua please

On 09/02/08 17:08, Péter András Felvégi wrote:
Hello,

I have a few requirements for a mua, and have not yet found the ideal program:

- store the settings/address book on a server instead of the local
machine (I access my mailboxes from different machines)

That's handled by LDAP.

- handles multiple inboxes (I use imaps mainly)
- possibility to set the fcc folder for a given address book entry

What's fcc?

- possibility to save the message from the inbox to the desired fcc
with as few keystrokes as possible
- minimal intelligence when I reply to a mail in my 'sent' folder:
don't address it to myself rather to the one I sent the mail

I just tested this with Tbird/Iceweasel on an email From "me", and To "someone else". Tbird correctly sends the mail to "someone else".

- display html mail with pictures, etc
- a spam filter integrated with my address book, so emails from known
addresses won't be marked accidentally

Thunderbird lacks the possibility of remote configs/address books,
can't set the fcc in the address book and thus sorting mail is rather
frustrating, it wants to send mail to myself when I reply to an
already sent message and the last version I used had a bug when
deleting attachments.

Alpine is quite close, has remote config and address book, fcc setting
in the address book, thus easy mail sorting, but I was not yet able to
configure multiple inboxes, html mail is limited to text since it uses
the console and no spam filtering.

Any recommendations?

I really think that Tbird would be your best bet, since Tbird *does* do LDAP.

Thanks, P

ps: please cc the replies, I'm not on the list

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson