Re: How to download online videos?

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Rodolfo Medina
<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean with `watch or at least buffer'?  You have to watch it, don't
> you?

Not necessarily.  With YouTube, you'll see two shades of red filling
the time bar.  The light red is the buffering status, and the dark red
is your position in the video.  Once the light red bar reaches the
right side, the video has been loaded completely.  You can have the
video paused while loading, which means all you're doing is waiting to
buffer the entire clip.  If you're on a sufficiently fast connection,
and the server isn't too slow, you may not even notice this happening.
 On DSL, I still buffer the clip in much less time than it'd take to
watch it.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh