Re: How to download online videos?

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:45:51PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> All the videos that can be viewed online but cannot be downloaded
> normally. The problem arose with a particular .flv video I wanted to
> download from a web site.  I managed to download it with MS-Windows
> RealPlayer, from the Windows partition I have on my hard disk.
>
> I installed RealPlayer also on Debian, but it does not seem to work.
>
> I'd be glad if anybody suggests a particular tool that's known to
> really work.

clive works with both google and youtube videos. By default it converts
flv to mp4.

youtube-dl works only with youtube and leaves in flv format.

Both have many options to control what happens to the video on your
machine. Both are standard debian packages.

--
"It is often easier for our children to obtain a gun than it is to
find a good school."