Re: screen resolution

Felipe,
After reading your previous email (regarding the monitor settings),
I re-ran "dpkg-reconfigure xorg.conf", but this time I told it not
to auto-configure the monitor.  It asked me a few questions, and
as a result the two lines you mention below (HorizSync/Vertrefresh)
were generated.  That did it!
Thanks for your help.
Ed

Felipe Gallois wrote:
just a tip, i'm not pretty sure about how it works, but mybe it can help you
adding monitor options in xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier     "My Monitor"
   HorizSync 30-82
   Vertrefresh 56-76
Modeline "1440x900" 106.5 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 901 904 932 -HSync +VSync
EndSection

i don't know what those parameters are exactly, so maybe taking some time to understand it can help a bit =D
i'll be out for today, but when i'm back i'll get into it again ;)