Re: mount remote file system

Jos Collin <joscollin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry. The question was not clear. I want to mount a remote DVD and have
> it presented to me on my local machine. I was searching whether there is any
> option using the command 'mount'. Is it possible with 'mount -t nfs' or
> 'mount -t smbfs'?

You could try something along the lines of nbd (network block device).

However, I'm not totally convinced you actually want what you're asking:
do you really mean to mount a remote DVD or do you mean to play the AV
contents of a DVD that's on a remote machine? The latter might work if
you fiddle around with the DISPLAY setting for mplayer, but I suspect
network and display latency will destroy the sense of it.

Chris