Re: mount remote file system

Le Mar 19 août 2008 13:30, Jos Collin a écrit :
> I'm sorry. The question was not clear. I want to mount a remote DVD and
> have it presented to me on my local machine. I was searching whether
> there is any option using the command 'mount'. Is it possible with 'mount
> -t nfs' or 'mount -t smbfs'?

IMHO, the more user-friendly option is to use Samba :
- Install Samba on the server (the host with DVD)
- Configure the mount point
- Configure a samba share for the mount point
- Configure the share to execute pre and post scripts (a mount script and
a umount script)
- Connect the client (hosts without DVD) to the share, the DVD will
automagically be mounted on the filesystem shared and you will be able to
access it. It will be umounted after the last connection is closed.

Regards
Francois