Re: wifi connection manager recommenadations

Patrick Wiseman wrote:
what functionality i'd like to have?

1) start this application (undex X)
2) check for networks around
3) connect to a known one or select an unknown network

for my home network, i need WPA. i am using enlightenment as a window
manager. most of kde/gnome is installed as well (you cannot avoid it
anyway), but i am not much familiar with the configuration details of these
two 'packages'.

Network Manager does well for me -
http://packages.debian.org/etch/network-manager
i tried that (one of the first things i tried), together with network-manager-{gnome|kde} applets.

however, it didn't seem to find my network card (although wireless was enabled) - only wired network stuff was displayed in the applet. is there something i need to set up? maybe it was conflicting with the settings in interfaces file?

patrick, could you please share configuration details with me?

by the way, card is using ipw3945 driver and works more or less without problems itself...

thanks!

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net