Re: Nvidia GeForce FX5200 problems

On 08/04/08 07:55, Christopher Judd wrote:
On Thursday 31 July 2008, Frank McCormick wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:18:47 -0500

   I have just about given up on this card. Ubuntu Gutsy for some
reason ( different xorg I guess ) handled it with no problem. On Sid
I can't even get X up. I'm in Sid now again using (uuugh) Intel

I used this card for a while with no problems?

As did I, for 2+ years. But that was on an earlier kernel (.20, maybe) and an earlier driver (94.x.x, maybe).

     Have you tried the nv driver or only the binary nvidia?
     Does the card show up when you run lspci?

     Have you tried running startx from a terminal window?

     Is there a "load dri" line in your xorg.conf?  If so, try
     commenting it out.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."