Re: How dose a package create a database?

On 08/02/08 21:12, Adam Wakerhauser wrote:
I am packaging an application that needs to create a database. By default it uses mysql. What is the debian way of letting a package create a database and database user? Would I use "/etc/mysql/debian.cnf"?

I may have missed it in the documentation. I have been reading various tutorials, the _New Maintainers' Guide_ and the _Developer's Reference_ but not cover to cover yet. Could someone please recommend the appropriate reference?

Probably in post-inst. I know that postgresql-8.3 creates a database, so you might want to examine it, or it's source package.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Scientists are people, too.  IOW, they also "crave power, money,
respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
a good scientist into a charlatan."