Sound on an IBM NetVista; was Re: Alsaconf & halting a frozen laptop.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Sound on an IBM NetVista; was Re: Alsaconf & halting a frozen laptop.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:19:31 -0700
- Message-id: <171055554.83167.59489.@heaviside.petershouse.invalid>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com
Nigel Henry, Thomas Preud'homme & others,
Thanks for all the attention to this problem.
nh> I'd suggest adding a line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, as below.
install snd-hda-intel /bin/true
Very promising but, alas, it fails. alsaconf
is still required.
tp> I just blacklist via82 module. I added 3 lines
to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist :
Sorry to say that blacklisting snd_hda_intel
also fails to make sound work.
I can only speculate that snd_hda_intel is
needed to initialize something. Then
snd-intel8x0 is needed for ongoing processing.
Unless another idea surfaces, all I can think
of now is to downgrade back to etch and try
the earlier kernels mentioned by Nigel.
Thanks again, ... Peter E.