Xfce removable media handling

I'm using Xfce4 in Lenny and would like to see icons pop up for
removable media when it is plugged in.  I've configured udev and
autofs so that the media is mounted when I plug it in, but I'm not
getting the desktop/file manager icons in Xfce.

The only info I can get from Xfce is a complaint that "Either the Xfce
File Manager was not build with support for D-BUS, or the D-BUS
service wasn't installed properly." when I try to open the file
manager preferences dialog.

D-BUS is installed and running, as is HAL.  Can anyone tell me if the
package has support for this, or what I could do to fix it?

--Dave