Re: Installing Debian

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2008 11:06:21 Pol Hallen wrote:
>>> FATAL: module i82365 not found
>>> Missing modules 'ide-mod (Linux IDE driver), ide-probe-mod (Linux IDE
>>> probe driver), ide-detect (Linux IDE Detection), ide-floppy (Linux IDE
>>> Floppy)
>>> end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
>>> By the way, this computer doesn't have a floppy.
>> How time have you waited after these messages?
>> It's possible that is only timeout..
>> Also try with the last debian installer:
>> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
I'm using the following CD image to boot:

>> Pol
> Best will be to desable the floppy in bios settings. Otherwhise, debian
> installer will try 2 times to access the floppy before giing up and continu
> with the installation. This takes time, and it's done, first when detecting
> diks, then when partitionning disks.
I disabled floppy in the bios, and it's now not timing out on floppy any

It's still not detecting my disk, though. The installer says "No disk
drive detected".

When I boot Suse, I'm seeing the following kernel modules: via_rhine,
mii, sata_via. I can choose sata_via from the disk drivers list in the
Debian installer, but it does not detect a disk with it. :-(