Re: ATI FireGL V5200, proprietary and open source drivers

On 07/30/08 10:55, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

[snip]
Do you boot directly into [xkg]dm?

I don't use *DMs (am I correctly remembering that you don't either?). I boot
to the cli and run xstart.sh, which lets me choose which WM I want to use.
These days I use awesome 3.0pre-alpha (git). Why do you ask?

That's good to know. For some reason, many years ago I got the impression that DRI/DRM was GUI-only, and I think that text boot is valuable since "it should Just Work" no matter what.

(BTW, when I originally replied to this email after viewing it in html mode, all nesting > characters were stripped out. I had to go back and view as text in order to get nesting back in this mail. Weird...)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"Kittens give Morbo gas.  In lighter news, the city of New New
York is doomed."