Re: ATI FireGL V5200, proprietary and open source drivers

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>> Not as far as I can tell. The script checks for various dependencies (git, headers for
>> the running kernel, the kernel building packages and so on) but I can't see that it checks
>> kernel configuration options (assuming that that was what you had in mind),
>
> Is CONFIG_DRM set in /boot/config-2.6* ?

The Direct Render Manager has to be active for 3D to work. I think 2D
xrender and
XAA should work fine, but I believe that "desktop effects" and compiz
require 3D.
EXA should work, but will likely be *very* slow without DRM/DRI. XV should work
fine without DRM/DRI, but I am not sure about XVmc.

Do you not use DRM/DRI?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers