Re: where does iceweasel store the setting for controlling site passwords

Mitchell Laks wrote:
> On 18:14 Mon 28 Jul     , Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Remember Passwords for Sites
>> then remove the public library from the "Exceptions..." list
>>
>> --
> Dear Florian,
>
> the site in question is not listed there. That only lists my bank.
>
> there must be some other place that lists the sites which it will post the
> logins for
> not the passwords.
>
> teh
> edit->preferences -> security ->passwords
> location is only for remembering passwords not for remembering login names.
>
> very odd.
>
> mitchell

Usually Iceweasel/Firefox remembers what you filled in a form. However,
sometimes the webpage has some javascript code which disables the
auto-fill feature. For forms, when you double click on the form field,
it normally shows the values which you had filled up earlier.

I had helped someone long time ago with similar problem. I had installed
an javascript bookmarklet to disable to feature from the page. Will see
if I can find it again.

HTH,
/KS