Re: SOLVED was Re: pine help

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
OA> Hi,
>> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net> wrote:
>>       i tried changing it, but that didn't work, so i just commented the
>> stupid thing out & boom, we're back to normal. i have no clue what
>> happened, but it's nice to be able to use lynx again from pine.
OA> This solution is only temporary work around.  If update-mime program is
OA> run by installer, it may be overwritten.  If you want to use partilcular
OA> program to handle HTML mime type, then you should read mailcap.order man
OA> page and set that file and run update-mime.  This is better work around
OA> system wide.  I think you can set HTML MIME handler in ~/.mailcap too.

	you're right, i fixed it the lazy (& potentially temporary)
way. the weird thing is, though, that my local .mailcap didn't override
it. & i tried changing sensible-browser, which also didn't do anything.
so i'm at a bit of a loss as to how to make a permanent fix here...

OA> The real root cause fix is to get sensible-browser working.
OA> It is simple shell script.  You can see it
OA>   $ view $(which sensible-browser)

$ view $(which sensible-browser)
Warning: unknown mime-type for "/usr/bin/sensible-browser" -- using
"application/octet-stream"
svgalib: Assuming low end SVGA/8514 monitor (35.5 KHz).
$

	simple & broken? :D

lish
crank@got.net