Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:37:46AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> [Cc'd as per Reply-To *and* Mail-Followup-To]

> > > No.
> >
> > Sorry i was too fast in replying, because i was doing something else.
> > Yes, the full header has the mailing list headers.
>
> I would be very interested on the [options] section in your getmailrc
> (actually only "read_all", "delete" and "delete_after") and also how
> often you pull the mail from gmail.

Here is the entire file. Nothing is changed except the password.

[retriever]
type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
server = imap.gmail.com
username = bahuroopi
password = mypassword
move_on_delete = mail.deleted
mailboxes = ("INBOX",   \
        "Debian-users", \
        "Mutt-users",   \
        "AMBER-users",  \
        "TeX-users",    \
        "TUGIndia")

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/procmail
arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)", "-m", "$HOME/.procmailrc")

I haven't specified "delete" or "delete_after", so it keeps it on the
server by default. Also i haven't specified "read_all", but my getmail
cron job runs as 'getmail -n', so it pulls only the new mail. The
getmail cron job runs every 10 minutes.

> I have a hunch on why it works, but I want to test my theory first.

Do share it after testing.

Arvind

believed to be clean.