Re: [OT] Setting up getmail to retrieve mails from gmail [Was: Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]]

Arvind Marathe wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon,14.Jul.08, 20:44:32, Celejar wrote:
>>

>>> Note that Gmail can be used via POP or IMAP, without the web interface,
>>>
>> I'm wondering, did any of you have problems lately with that? Quite
>> often in the last weeks I get a mail from my getmail cronjob that my
>> password was rejected.
>>

> I am trying to configure getmail to retrieve mails to my local machine
> from my gmail account. I have enabled imap in gmail. Also i have been
> using getmail to retrieve mail from my workplace account for a long
> time, so i am sure getmail is working fine. Following is my
> getmailrc-gmail
>
> [retriever]
> type = SimpleIMAPRetriever
> server = imap.google.com
> username = bahuroopi

Besides the server problem which you have already noted, the login
should be the full e-mail 'bahuroopi@gmail.com'.

--
Mencken and Nathan's Fifteenth Law of The Average American:
	The worst actress in the company is always the manager's wife.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb