Re: packet forwarding.

Alex and others,

as> for a machine at local lan a (say 192.168.0.100)
to talk to a machine at local lab b ( say 192.168.2.200).
I would need a route on the gateway box in
local lan A something like
ip r a 192.168.2.0/24 via 192.168.1.2

That command uses iptables doesn't it?

It seems reasonable.  Whereas in the Openvpn
mailing list, Tom Eastep said
  "You don't specify routing in Shorewall or
   using iptables. You specify routing via OpenVPN."

I assume he won't elaborate because he believes
the question is outside his scope; but what does
he mean?
How can I reconcile your instructions with Tom's
comment?

Thanks for any ideas,    ... Peter E.

--
http://carnot.yi.org/