Re: Problems getting Etch in France

elijah r. wrote :
Debian Etch ISO images are available for download, completely free,
via the internet, just like those Fedora ISO's you are downloading.

I highly recommend you get the single Debian NetInstall ISO.  Since
you are using a Dial-Up connection, this will be the fastest way to
install Debian.

On a side note, what kinds of problems were you running into when
installing other distros?

I had problems installing most distros on a computer I built that was
using a motherboard with a VIA C3 processor, which is missing the
"CMOV" instruction that some 686 binaries are compiled with.

Cheers,
Elijah

Do you know ikarios ?

http://www.ikarios.com/p374-Debian.html

hth.
--
Gérard
Well Ikarios have what I want, but only will accept payment by chéque

This is incredible in the 21st century. I have to write out a cheque, get on
my bike, and ride 20 mins to the post office, perhaps stand in a queue for 20
mins to buy a stamp (un timbre), then post it. 10 days later I may receive my
Debian disks.

I give up.

I have built a new machine, and have had problems with installing Fedfora 8,
Archlinux, and Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10). Having got these distro's
installed, I want to get Debian Etch installed. I only have Woody 3.0.r2
discs, and don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to Sarge, then
Etch, along with the transition from xfree86 to xorg again.

Oh to hell with Debian. I have Sarge, Etch, and Lenny on another machine, and
really wanted to see if there were problems installing Etch on my new
machine, where I've had problems installing other distros.

N.

Maybe you could have posted on the French user mailing list, maybe there's someone in your area. I'll be in France (west) next week, if you can give me a postal target (to my private mail of course !) I'll send you a couple of spare iso's for Etch and Lenny (I have multi-arch Lenny and Etch). It would work out faster than Ikarios, and I only require payment in fake monopoly® bills ... ;-)
Don't you have a LUG in your area ?

Tom