RE: Re: synaptic problem?

>Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
> >Mark Neidorff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to switch an installation from an IDE disk to a SATA disk.  I
use
> > synaptic to manage packages for me.  The File menu has an option to
> generate
> > a package install script.  So, I created a custom filter to show
just
> > installed packages and selected that filter.  (cool)  Then I
selected
> all the
> > packages for "reinstallation" (the only option).  Then I selected
> "generate
> > package install script" from the File menu.  The script that was
> generated
> > starts with
> > #! /bin/sh
> > wget
> > wget
> > wget
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > with one "wget" line for each package that I selected, but there is
> nothing in
> > the script file after the "wget".  Am I doing something wrong, or is
> there a
> > bug?
> >

> At least you got wget's, I only got #! /bin/sh
>
> synaptic  0.62.1 Graphical package manager
>

> Hugo

Same. Just #!/bin/sh. I have the same version as well 0.62.1. That's
odd.

Anyway, looking at the file menu for synaptic, it has a "Add downloaded
packages" and the hover text says "Add packages downloaded with the
'Generate package download script' feature to the system".

I have never used this before, so this may be a wild guess, but is it
possible that you run the script to wget the packages and then run the
"Add downloaded packages" to install them? Have you tried that?

Have fun!
Chris Stackpole