Re: synaptic problem?

On 07/22/2008 01:54 PM, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
[..]
Anyway, looking at the file menu for synaptic, it has a "Add downloaded packages" and the hover text says "Add packages downloaded with the 'Generate package download script' feature to the system".

I have never used this before, so this may be a wild guess, but is it possible that you run the script to wget the packages and then run the "Add downloaded packages" to install them? [...]

Yes, that's how it works. I was able to use this method with synaptic under Ubuntu Hardy.