Re: virtual machine choices in Debian

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>
> > So, what free and preferably open source choices do we have for virtual
> > machines in Debian? Pros and cons based on your experiences will be
> > appreciated.
>

> I was succesfully used kvm and qemu. There is also 'virtualbox-ose' in
> Debian archive.

I'm rather content with virtualbox-ose, but you have to be careful to
run a kernel with all the pieces needed (linux-image +
virtualbox-ose-modules to match). I'm currently running a -486 kernel
instead of the -amd64 I would prefer to run because of this, but, meh.

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com