Re: What the proper way to create debian rescue disk (debian installed into qemu iso and dd'ed into some hard drive)

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Jabka Atu <mashrom.head@gmail.com> wrote:

I did not understand what you are trying to do. Are you installing
Debian on qemu, and then intend to clone this qemu image to a real hard
disk? That might work (Debian is not Windows), but is not ideal as the
virtualized hardware of qemu is not the same as of the actual system.

I'd recommend clonezilla for making images of disks and restoring them
later. It has worked well for me.

Yep , the idea is to copy the image into to hard drive.
What i meen is what do i need to do with the image to make suitable for harddisk copying (do i need to change it to raw format or anything ?