What the proper way to create debian rescue disk (debian installed into qemu iso and dd'ed into some hard drive)

Howdy ,

I wish to create a Debian an image that can be dd'ed into a hard drive.
So for instance if i have a mulfunctioning hard drive i could put other disk and just use dd to put it on.
I'm installing now (debian sid ) it now into a qemu image  build using qemu-img -f qcow filename size.
and setting all what i need.

What are the other steps that i need to do to be able achieving my task ?